Well I guess I am not that awesome right now but it was great to see this video and think about all the cool stuff I am going to do once my leg is good again! Another day has now gone by and I feel much better! Thought i would do a little rund down of the first 6 days since surgery and how it has felt!
- Day 1. I woke up from surgery and felt no pain at all, maybe a little high but felt great, walking and lifting the leg felt easy!
- Day 2. Woke up the morning after surgery, felt about the same as the when I woke up after surgery, but then it swelled up around 2pm. Later that night there was no chance to lit my leg when I was laying down, walking to the bath room was a challenge and I felt like I had a 20 pound weight strapped on my leg Walking was super tough as the leg felt awful. Not to painful just strange and I was pretty worried.
- Day 3 Still very swollen (I thought so but I was told it was super normal) Started to be a bit better than day 2, but still a bit worried.
- Day 4 Swelling down a bit, could start to lift my leg in all directions. Met the physio who said that i was looking great! Could walk downstairs and sit at the dinner table
- Day 5 Swelling down even more, more movement, barely any pain.
- Day 6 I just woke up, slept for a good 8 hours, no painkillers in 11 hours but still not painful at all, swelling down a bit more and walking around is slow but starting o feel much better.
So its been great to see the progress ever day, its kind of like working out a little and getting 50% better every day! haha. The initial instructions I got when I left the hospital was to start doing a rehab schedule the same day if I felt like I could do it, but my surgeon and new physio told me to be very still for the first few days, so all I was instructed to do was to lift my leg a few times a day and try to move it around as well as using a rubber band and pump my foot with some resistance to help clear the swelling. I think this sounds like a much better plan than pushing hard as I think its good to let the body rest and heal up rather than trying to push it right of the bat. Seeing the physio today to increase the work load a bit, so it will be fun to see what she has for me now!
Still feeling great but I can't wait to get off the painkillers as I feel like I am a little tired from them and have a hard time crushing e mails, but I think I will have plenty of time to do that so for now I will stay on them as I like being pain free!