Just when I thought that I had become better at keeping my life under control I was once again reminded that I suck! I had left the Q7 in Innsbruck with all my gear in it. A friend of mine was driving it back to Sweden, as he needed a ride back north and I needed my car and gear it was perfect! That was until I noticed that I had taken out my boot bag to dry in Innsbruck and forgotten to put it back in the car. So here I was getting ready to ski but all my ski gear was still in Austria. My only option was to start from scratch and try to find all new stuff in 24h.
- Luckily I had an extra set of liners in the car so that helped a lot!
- Found new boots from a friend on the team that had the exact same set up.
- Found helmet and backprotector at alpingaraget. (They acctually sold the team branded POC helmet there?!?)
- Fixed new boot boards at Alpingaraget (hyper important)
- Found extra gloves in the backseat of the car.
- Borrowed a speed suit from a team member.
- Found an old set of goggles in a bag that a friend had since this spring.
After all this I jumped in the Q7 and drove the 800 km north to Tärnaby. So here I am 24h later with a pretty intact set up!
Super pumped to ski tomorrow! Feels weird but great to be back in the winter!